Volunteers are welcome, but volunteering is not required to receive groceries from St. Johns Food Share. We are fortunate to have many dedicated volunteers who work with us to improve our team. Contact us for information on how you can help.
Volunteers Work Together
Our volunteers are the heart of our organization. You’ll find them in the warehouse, store, office and community. Typical tasks include:
- Stocking the warehouse, unloading the truck and rotating food in the cooler.
- Arranging store shelves at opening and closing.
- Helping to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Driving our truck to pick-up food donations.
- Community outreach to increase members and donations.
We welcome anyone who wants to participate in our food sharing community. We seek caring people to achieve food security in our community, and who have time and talent to bring to our team. Being a recipient of food resources from St. Johns Food Share is not a requirement for helping out. In addition to regular duties, leadership positions are available in four essential areas:
- Store Leader: Merchandising, volunteer coordination, operations.
- Warehouse Leader: Food storage and re-stocking, inventory management.
- Office Leader: Bookkeeping, administrative, marketing, volunteer management.
- Board of Directors: Outreach, Fundraising, Volunteer Coordination.
How to Become a Volunteer