What people are saying about St. Johns Food Share
“For 30 years Food Share has been a neighborhood asset , serving North Portland children, seniors and families. As a teacher and principal in local schools I saw first-hand the impact it made for hungry students. It’s a good investment.”
– Mike Verbout, President, Roosevelt High School Alumni Association
“Our Farmers Market partners with Food Share to keep food out of the waste stream and increase food security. We invest in their work because we see that Food Share achieves so much with limited resources. Your support helps to fight hunger right here in our own backyard.”
– Lindsay Jensen, Executive Director, St. Johns Center for Opportunity
St. Johns Food Share is a vital partner in the anti-hunger movement and Oregon Food Bank’s efforts to end hunger and its root causes. Not only does the organization provide clients the opportunity to choose from a variety of fresh, healthy foods, they are also making an environmental impact by helping divert food from landfills. Oregon Food Bank is proud to partner with St. Johns Food Share and fully support the fantastic work they do in the community.”
– Courtney Wright, Regional Partnership Network, Oregon Food Bank
Other ways to give:
- Food donations. We conduct regular route pick-ups from commercial donors in Portland. We invite farmers, community gardens, or backyard gardeners to donate fresh produce during open hours. Please call ahead so we can be ready to make immediate use of your surplus food.
- Become a member or Friend of St. Johns Food Share. Nobody in our community is paid. Your donations directly support both immediate and long-term needs. We are a 501(c)(3) tax exempt nonprofit organization, and your donation is fully tax deductible. You may donate by mail or online via credit card or PayPal using the link at the top of this page.
- Designate us as your selected nonprofit in the Fred Meyer Rewards program. You continue to earn your own points, gas credits, etc., and we receive donations from the program.
- Select us on Amazon Smile as your nonprofit of choice on Amazon’s charity giving site. Same prices, same everything – but a small amount of each purchase comes to us.
What does my cash donation buy? (click to view)
- $25 – One month of phone service
- $50 – One month of protein purchases from Oregon Food Bank or one month of gas for truck
- $100 – One month of internet service at the facility
- $250 – Two months of insurance (truck and facility)
- $500 – One month of utilities (electricity and garbage) or three months of water and sewer
- $1000 – One month of rent – Truck insurance for one year
- Donate your time. Time donations are of special value, and we appreciate your interest. There is always something to help with in our warehouse, office or store. Contact us to get started.
*A generous foundation has agreed to match all funds raised in the following increments: $250, $500, $1000 and $2500 if we meet our ultimate goal! Please give generously.
All donations are fully tax-deductible.