Monthly membership dues and financial donations power St. Johns Food Share. Your support helps us pay core operating costs and purchase added proteins to enhance our food selection.
We build community partnerships to do the most good with our limited resources. We appreciate the support of a local grocers, nearby farms, community organizations, and backyard gardeners.
- Food donations. We conduct regular route pick-ups from commercial donors in Portland. We invite farmers, community gardens, or backyard gardeners to donate fresh produce during open hours. Please call ahead so we can be ready to make immediate use of your surplus food.
- Become a member or Friend of St. Johns Food Share. Nobody in our community is paid. Your donations directly support both immediate and long-term needs. We are a 501(c)(3) tax exempt nonprofit organization, and your donation is fully tax deductible. You may donate by mail or online via credit card or PayPal.
- Designate us as your selected nonprofit in the Fred Meyer Rewards program. You continue to earn your own points, gas credits, etc., and we receive donations from the program.
What does my cash donation buy? (click to view)
- $25 – One month of phone service
- $50 – One month of protein purchases from Oregon Food Bank or one month of gas for truck
- $100 – One month of internet service at the facility
- $250 – Two months of insurance (truck and facility)
- $500 – One month of utilities (electricity and garbage) or three months of water and sewer
- $1000 – One month of rent – Truck insurance for one year
- Donate your time. Time donations are of special value, and we appreciate your interest. There is always something to help with in our warehouse, office or store. Contact us to get started.