Volunteers are welcome and are not required to join St. Johns Food Share. Although no shopping privileges are exchanged for volunteer time, we are lucky to have many dedicated volunteers who work with us to improve our group. Contact us for information on how you can help.
Members work together
Our members are the heart of our organization. You’ll find them in the warehouse, store, office and community. Each member-household spends some working for us each month as part of their membership agreement. Typical tasks include:
- Stocking the warehouse, unloading the truck and rotating food in the cooler.
- Arranging store shelves at opening and closing.
- Helping to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Driving our truck to pick-up food donations.
- Community outreach to increase members and donations.
- Assisting new members with sign-up procedures.
We welcome anyone who wants to participate in our food sharing community. We seek caring people to achieve food security in our community, and who have time and talent to bring to our team. Membership in St. Johns Food Share is not a requirement for helping out. In addition to regular duties, leadership positions are available in four essential areas:
- Store Leader (merchandising, volunteer coordination, operations)
- Warehouse Leader (food storage and re-stocking, inventory management
- Office Leader (bookkeeping, administrative, marketing, membership management)
- Leadership positions on the Board of Directors and Work Groups (Outreach, Fundraising, Volunteer Coordination)
Interested in helping?
Please fill out the form below and someone will get back to you within three business days.