Our organization is growing! St. Johns Food Share seeks member volunteers for several key roles to support our success. If you have questions or are interested, please send a brief email stating your interest and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Coordinator Team: See job description. Help with scheduling, defining tasks and much, much more!
- Warehouse Lead (one day a week, shifts of 3 or 6 hours): Manages the storage and rotation of fresh produce and other foodstuffs – refrigerated, frozen and dry. Freight can weigh up to 25-40 pounds, be sure to get help as needed. The Lead for this area is involved in the management of what produce is available and what will be set out for members and what will be held back for the next shopping day. Responsible for keeping walk-in floors sept, mopped and mats cleaned as needed. They also assist member/volunteers in finding volunteer work that will best keep the warehouse functioning.
- Truck – Route Driver: (one day a week; typical shift is 2 hours). Must have current driver’s license and be insurable. Freight can weigh up to 25-40 pounds, be sure to get help as needed. Drivers must sign Consent for Driving Record.
- Finances: Assist with data entry into QuickBooks. Maintain financial record keeping system, provide financial reports. accountable to members. Flexible days and hours
- Fundraising: (flexible days and hours): Help make contact and secure donations from community residents and businesses (direct mail, personal approach, community events). Help write grant requests to submit to foundations/agencies/corporations.
- Tech Team: Contribute your talent and time to helping us maintain our website and grow our social media presence. Help manage internal systems for our member forums, e-mail outreach, member surveys, etc. WordPress and/or social media skills. Flexible days and hours.